Textures!!
I recently made a dish with carrots. Saw a pack of baby carrots on the shelf of my market guy and I couldn't resist myself than to buy it and make something amazing. I pondered and realized how versatile this vegetable is. Using it in cakes, Main courses, salads or as it is, raw, it seems to be so delicious and adds a different texture every time its there. And did I mention the varieties it comes in, orange, red, black and yellow and maybe many many more that probably we haven't even discovered yet. I saw the image of the first carrot that was ever sowed by homo-sapiens and it was mentioned to be bitter and barely edible.
Over the years, thanks to the revolution and science we see carrot as to what is today scrumptious, enchanting and textural. Using it with different techniques changes its molecular structure and then its combination with the flavours around it. By charring it on the grill gives it a nice sweet crunchy delicious flavour with a sprinkle of salt and you have a perfect meal to satiate you. Steam it and then puree it, add some chilli flakes, oregano and salt which would get you a perfect creamy sauce to have with your nachos. Any way, you cook it, it proves to not disappoint.
Is it that difficult for us to find each other in situations where we can come out our best and if not, learn from it looking at life positively. I maybe wrong here, but I believe the way one perceives food speaks a lot about that person. A person liking spicy flavour, would love these carrots to be served with a Hot Harissa Sauce and a cold yoghurt dip, an individual liking it sour would just add a lemony zing to it with some nice hummus to go along, one way or another, dishes seem to turn out great to us when we put in those efforts then why not relationships in life. Why not invest that time in ourselves to make ourselves better!!
It seems so real that we as people are exactly the same, different colours, shapes and sizes, but with the same scientific structure. At the end of this life how we present ourselves is defined by how we have been with others and ourselves.
When I made the dish with Baby carrots, I just roasted them in ginger and orange juice and the zing of the orange juice just added the oomph factor to these carrots. It was different yet somehow the aromas of the same filled the kitchen wanting me to desperately try it. Since I am in Udaipur, my opportunities are limited and I don't really get a chance to try the other varieties of these carrots but I understand how they play such a vital role in bringing a dish together. A humble Som-Tum salad would be incomplete without it, the Gaajar Halwa from my mother's kitchen which was so comforting when the world was a bad and dark place seem to be experiences driven because of this humble innocent carrot.
I believe that somewhere, these vegetables show us the essence of life. The variety of dishes one can create with one simple ingredient is immense. And might I say there's so much more to explore. Our minds just working in the same way, the manner in which we tweak our lives is totally dependent on how we control our minds. Controlling our minds to think positive and achieve a zen state seems to be a challenge but its all worth it. Using that texture of Positivity in ourselves and moulding it every time according to the ones around us seems like its worth the effort. I see how individuals enter and exit our lives and we become different because of that very experience making us explore our own selves. Maybe its the different flavour combinations that keep the flavour of carrot so exciting. Sometimes, trying out different experiences might work in the same way, so don't be disheartened. Its another flavour profile that has been added to you.
I believe that somewhere, these vegetables show us the essence of life. The variety of dishes one can create with one simple ingredient is immense. And might I say there's so much more to explore. Our minds just working in the same way, the manner in which we tweak our lives is totally dependent on how we control our minds. Controlling our minds to think positive and achieve a zen state seems to be a challenge but its all worth it. Using that texture of Positivity in ourselves and moulding it every time according to the ones around us seems like its worth the effort. I see how individuals enter and exit our lives and we become different because of that very experience making us explore our own selves. Maybe its the different flavour combinations that keep the flavour of carrot so exciting. Sometimes, trying out different experiences might work in the same way, so don't be disheartened. Its another flavour profile that has been added to you.
Every so often, its time to experience a new flavour bomb and a combination that might just add a new texture to your personality and life...
Comments
Suraj