Flow like wine...
A drink at the end of the Week, or even a sip with my meals daily. A glass of wine has its own textures and its own variations. Its one of the most versatile additive that has been used since the very many years of cooking... the versatility of this element has opened the doors to the world to experiment with it on every front. I scrutinized with it my own style because after all, the proof is in the Desserts!!
Its what reminds me of how different my poached pears taste when I poach them in red wine or white wine. Love how this element just plays on the minds when we start to consume it at any time of the day at different temperatures. Be it at the normal temperature, or I deglaze something with it, adding it to even a sauce makes a difference to the dish. Just reinstates the fact, why the greatest poets and writers have mentioned wines in their work. It brought out the nature of how it flows in a seamless fashion from one aspect to another, from one texture to another. Coming from a simple ingredient like grapes, but wine seems to be in our history since before anyone even remembers. The fermentation process just lets it sit and become more flavorsome as it gets older. Stored in nothing but wooden barrels in dark rooms, the wine still comes out to be one of the most expensive and beautiful drink the world has seen. The way it runs in the bloodstream and inhibits your senses and just makes you feel sublime and bewitching.
The other day when I just drank it out of a glass, it made me feel happy and blessed... just the way I felt when I had the fresh poached pears in a red dessert wine with my vanilla Creme Anglaise...
That's when I realized, the idea was just to be happy and joyful. How it happened didn't matter. It was why I decided to make a new recipe for Carrot & Orange Jam infused in white wine. Using this additive in my desserts is a new dimension to my skills and exploring that is even more exciting.
... because at the end of the day, it is the smile you have on your face when you go to bed that matters.
So go ahead, find that one element in your life that brings a smile to your face and makes you happy... because... like someone once said, the road I took has made all the difference.
Its what reminds me of how different my poached pears taste when I poach them in red wine or white wine. Love how this element just plays on the minds when we start to consume it at any time of the day at different temperatures. Be it at the normal temperature, or I deglaze something with it, adding it to even a sauce makes a difference to the dish. Just reinstates the fact, why the greatest poets and writers have mentioned wines in their work. It brought out the nature of how it flows in a seamless fashion from one aspect to another, from one texture to another. Coming from a simple ingredient like grapes, but wine seems to be in our history since before anyone even remembers. The fermentation process just lets it sit and become more flavorsome as it gets older. Stored in nothing but wooden barrels in dark rooms, the wine still comes out to be one of the most expensive and beautiful drink the world has seen. The way it runs in the bloodstream and inhibits your senses and just makes you feel sublime and bewitching.
The other day when I just drank it out of a glass, it made me feel happy and blessed... just the way I felt when I had the fresh poached pears in a red dessert wine with my vanilla Creme Anglaise...
That's when I realized, the idea was just to be happy and joyful. How it happened didn't matter. It was why I decided to make a new recipe for Carrot & Orange Jam infused in white wine. Using this additive in my desserts is a new dimension to my skills and exploring that is even more exciting.
... because at the end of the day, it is the smile you have on your face when you go to bed that matters.
So go ahead, find that one element in your life that brings a smile to your face and makes you happy... because... like someone once said, the road I took has made all the difference.
Comments